1. The creepy feverish romance of STATION ELEVEN, which I devoured in one sitting, and the creepy British bleakness of THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, which improved my commute all week long. I’m not done with that one yet though! So don’t blab.
2. All the smart, rad, funny, fabulous ladies I met at YALLWEST last weekend. Hey Robin Benway, Kass Morgan, Elissa Sussman: that means you. And you too, girls whose names I didn’t get but who came up after the bad boys panel to chat with me about Hanson. You are women after my own heart.
3. The Original Broadway Cast Recording of The Bridges of Madison County. Because I do what I want. No really this song is great though. One of these days I’m going to blog about being a theater kid, and also possibly about how I like when guys wear slouchy hats and sing songs in big voices, ahem.
4. Am headed to New York this weekend for a combination of work stuff and not-work stuff–a show with my dad and a double date with my sister and meeting my new not-quite-niece for the first time, plus a SUPER AWESOME EVENT on Tuesday at Books of Wonder with Susane Colasanti and Maria Dahvana Headley (who I also met at YALLWEST and who is the most fabulous glamorous human I’ve ever encountered). Which brings me to big number five, actually, which is…
5. Holy Moses, 99 DAYS comes out next week. Whaaaaat.
Happy weekend, sweethearts. See you on the other side.