1. First order of business on my thirtieth birthday: stop being such a weird old goat about birthdays. I’m getting doughnuts for breakfast and wearing my favorite jeans and generally living my life this weekend as if I am in Beyonce’s XO video. Baby love me lights out, etc.
2. I didn’t do an RT wrap up here, which I meant to, but RT was amazing! I signed so many books and met so many amazing readers and wore a plastic crown and sold out of 99 DAYS and hung out with such rad ladies and also ate really good pancakes in bed while wearing a hotel robe. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up, would recommend to a friend.
3. The first draft of this book is so close to being finished, you guys. In fact, the only parts left to write are the parts I’ve been hard-core avoiding!
4. Tana French’s The Likeness (was this also a good thing last week? It might have been, I’m reading it really slow). I liked In The Woods because it filled the fucked-up partners hole left in my heart by SVU, and I like this one because it has a lot of other weird gross tropes I’m into. (Second order of business on my thirtieth birthday: stop pretending for one second that I don’t like all the weird gross stuff I like.)
5. My sister and her boyfriend and three of my best friends and one of my best friend’s BABIES are all coming to my house in the next twenty-four hours. I gotta go buy some trash cans+ flowers so that nobody knows we’re still basically living here like a couple of squatters. Then I gotta go buy some beer and put on a dress.
Happy long weekend. Happy, happy.