1. Emery Lord‘s 90s Myers Briggs, by which she can discern your personality profile in exquisite detail based on your favorite Spice Girl, favorite Babysitter, and favorite American Girl. Emery is a genius in all matters, and this was literally my favorite thing that happened all week long. If she did birthday parties I would hire her to do mine.
2. Kacey Musgraves‘s (Musgraves’? Who the hell knows) new album, Pageant Material, to which I have been rocking out all week long and for which I intend to pay actual money on iTunes so I can listen to it on my trip.
3. When you hit that point where you have so many things to be stressed out about that you can’t be too stressed out about any one thing and you kind of hit a weird state of zen and just Kanye shrug everything and start making inappropriate jokes.
4. I don’t know if I say this enough, but one of my very favorite things–maybe my very favorite thing–about writing YA is all the fierce, amazing women I have met through this community. I’ve been thinking about that a lot this week, about all the different ways that YA writers support and look out for each other. I’m so proud to call this my neighborhood.
5. The new pants I bought for my trip to the Philippines. OH HEY, I am leaving for the Philippines on Monday! Posting will be light to zero, depending on how well that Melatonin I bought works, but you can follow along on twitter where I will also be live-tweeting my maiden read of the Harry Potters: #KCreadsHP. Will I panic on the airplane? Is Snape good or bad? I CAN’T WAIT TO FIND OUT.
So many adventures! Be good, you guys. See you on the other side.