1. GUYS I SAW HAMILTON THIS WEEK. I was worried it wouldn’t live up to the Hamilton in my brain and heart, BUT SPOILER ALERT, IT DID. It is so beautifully staged! That thing with the coats! Daveed Diggs is a gift and we do not deserve him! Also we went to the Meatball Shop after so win win win.
2. You’re the Worst, the second season of which I blew through in a couple of nights and which I really liked! I thought maybe it was going to be too salty/disrespectful of beloved romcom tropes for me to really enjoy it, but that wasn’t my experience at all. It’s funny and weirdly sweet and really dark at times and if you are a person like me who secretly thinks all shows are boring without a romance at the center, this is a good one to try.
3. I read The Goldfinch over the long weekend, which was satisfying. Overall I thought it was 200 pages too long and didn’t have enough interesting female characters but there’s a whole section in the middle there that totally blew my mind and sort of made it worth the 800 page price of admission. If HBO ever made a 2 night miniseries event of this book I would watch it.
4. I made soup out of leftover Chinese delivery rice last night. I KNOW, I AM A TOP CHEF.
5. I got a message this morning from a stranger wanting me to know that two actors I enjoy both recently got divorces and asking if I think that might mean they’re having sex with each other so I guess I am really knocking this personal branding thing out of the park. (Spoiler alert: yes obviously I think so.)
HAPPY WEEKEND, I don’t know if you’ve heard about this but it is supposed to snow.