1. A whirlwind trip to Cancun that was all kinds of wonderful and relaxing; we swam in the pool and ate shrimp quesadillas and jumped in the waves but my favorite part was drinking beers out of plastic cups with my sister at a Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville in the airport and gabbing away while we waited for our long flights home.
2. This piece from The Cut which I found incredibly reassuring and maybe you will too. Everything is fine!
3. Spotify’s Discover Weekly playlist, which is aiding me mightily in my 2016 quest to listen to music I haven’t already heard.
4. Everything about winter TV. I feel like I’ve seen a lot of articles recently about how to get out of the house during January and not melt into your couch but personally the only thing that makes winter in Boston even remotely bearable to me is the opportunity to eye-guzzle ten hours of television at a stretch without some jerk on the internet trying to make me feel guilty about it. The 100 is coming back! Shonda has that new show about accountants that are also spies, or something! I still have not watched Younger or You’re the Worst! Quantico, light of my life and fire of my loins, is on hiatus until March, but there are at least 4 seasons of the Great British Baking Show I have not shoved into my face yet and I fully intend to rectify that while the rest of you are outside snowshoeing like a bunch of nerds.
5. In a related story, it’s a long weekend and I am going to spend it on the couch in my pajamas, and then next week I’m going to New York to see some new play called Hamilton? 2016, you’re okay so far.