1. August business: beach trips, walks to the seaport, maxi dresses, sunscreen smell, a freezer full of ice cream sandwiches.
2. One of my very favorite people in the entire world is moving from Texas to New York in like a MINUTE, and while New York is not Boston, IT IS PRETTY DAMN CLOSE. Can’t wait to make you a celebratory cheese plate and rap Empire State of Mind at the top of my lungs for you, LJB. Rest assured I know all the words, especially the swears.
3. Stranger Things, which scared the bejesus out of me three nights in a row and did something rather spectacular to my heart besides.
4. My sister is on her way here at this very moment for jeans shopping and snack eating and fancy cocktail consumption and I have one million things to tell her and I cannot wait.
5. This is my favorite Yacht Rock song. On and on, on and on, on and on.